Thursday, January 10, 2008

Pole Dancing

OK, here it is. My very first post.....and it's about pole dancing. No, my friend, not stripping. Of course it does have a little of the naughtiness of stripping, but not geared towoard you going out and being a stripper. (Yes, you can remove your clothing if you want, but only down to your boy shorts and sports bra or a bathing suit). If you need justification for taking one of the classes just remember that everyone has a right to feel sexy. It's not only for the skinny girls either. I weigh 150 pound and I'm right in there with those 110 pound bean poles. Plus, I'm old enough to be their mother.
I got into this because I decided I wanted to have fun with exercise. had heard that pole dancing is a great way to get into shape so I, of course, googled "pole dancing + Honolulu" and found what I was looking for on the website http://www.fit4agoddesshi.com/. If you live in Honolulu, you should check it out.
So, I find this site and sign up online for an introductory class. It's not the full course class, but more like a teaser. I liked the fact I had a chance to try it before I paid the big money for the full class. Anyway, I decided to go to the one in Pearl City with Kimberly. It took me a while to figure out just where it was. I walked into the room and was warmly greeted by this very pretty, perky, young girl with the most amazing body ever. Kimberly is such a sweet person and she really loves to dance. She made me feel completely at ease which is important when you're going to pretend you're a wanna be stripper in front of ....well, just about anyone who shows up. There were three regulars and four of us newbies ranging from 18 to a sexy fifty something.
There were 6 poles in the room and the windows were covered so no one could see in. The door was also locked for privacy and for our safety. Kimberly had us put our yoga mats in a circle so we could see what she was doing and bond with each other. We had to do the "tell me a little about yourself" which I hate to do. I don't know what I said, but I'm sure it was something really stupid. Then we did about an hour of floor exercises mixed with "dance" moves. It was low key but I felt it very much, especially in my legs. Granted, I'm not in the best shape of my life so it doesn't take much exercise to hurt me.
After we worked up a sweat by rolling around on the floor and stretching- the three instructors that had been dancing for awhile gave us a little show of what they had learned. It was amazing!!!!!! Plus it looked like so much fun! I decided right then that I wanted to bring sexy back too.
After the show it was our turn to learn to be sexy. We learned just the basics of pole dancing, and I had a blast. I usually have no inhibitions, but found myself just a little on the shy side here. I know once I get the basics down I'll be a pole dancing diva.
I know some of you would like to know if it really is good exercise. I'd have to say that it is the best upper body workout I've had in a really long time. I noticed a lot of core exercise, plus I'm feeling the effects of the class in my butt, back and neck, as well as my arms and legs. I noticed my butt was sitting a little higher today and my boobs were just a might bit perkier (which is kind of hard to achieve at my age).
So ladies. Get out there and release your inner goddess. I guarantee you'll have the time of your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog after searching for pole dancing + honolulu. Funny, huh? Thank you for the feedback! I'm 20 and plan to go with my best friend to go with my next month! =D You didn't sign up for complete courses???

Imboutmybread said...

I found the blog the same way LC did lol and all I have to say is: You go girl! I just moved to the island and I tried pole dancing in Az and I enjoyed so I think I'm going to try this
Thanks for your post